Ethos and Values
'All Different; All Equal; All Achieving Together"
At Notton House, we aim to create an ethos relevant to the needs of the young people and society, which reflects the following values: responsibility, respect, tolerance, understanding, empathy, & integrity.
Vision Statement for Learn@
· All different; All equal; All achieving together
Pillars of Learning for Learn@
v Advocacy: A powerful voice to represent all LEARNers
v Achievement: Expertise across the spectrum of SEND
v Opportunity: Increased opportunities for personal development for LEARNers, staff and partners
Notton House Core Values
We keep everyone safe
We respect each other
We respect our environment
Learn@ Guiding Principles
1. We will offer you the support you need to develop your resilience and aspirations
2. We will provide you with a safe and stimulating environment with high expectations for all
3. We will encourage you to identify and communicate your needs and help you meet them
4. We will support you in understanding how to communicate your thoughts and feelings appropriately
5. We will celebrate and praise your individuality and achievements
As an Academy we:
- Ensure that all young people have access to good or outstanding teaching
- Provide a differentiated curriculum in order to meet the needs of the learners at Notton House
- Check on the progress of the young people and identify, plan for and deliver any additional support the young people may need
- Provide personalised learning, which may include using additional providers, personalised timetables and use of specialist advice
- Work closely with multi-agencies in order to be able to support the young people
We strive to offer quality provision that enables young people with social, emotional and mental health needs to excel and achieve their potential, providing them with the very best life opportunities. We are aspirational for or students, families and staff and provide excellence in teaching, learning and academic ambition alongside excellence in intervention, pastoral support, guidance and care.
We aim that all students will;
• Have the opportunity to achieve qualifications that reflect their potential
• Learn to take responsibility for their own learning and be successful in further education, training or employment
• Be able to take their place within society as responsible citizens, to respect themselves, others and their environment
Notton House Academy is part of a specialist Multi Academy Trust that launched in September 2017. We continue to work Bristol, Wiltshire, Gloucester, South Gloucester and Somerset Local Authorities as well as and the other schools within Learn@MAT to secure a longer-term, sustainable future for specialist provision that meets the needs of children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health in the South West of England.