'All Different; All Equal; All Achieving Together"
Our Mission Learn@ MAT
To create a learning environment, which recognises that all young people are different, but all deserve equal opportunities to achieve to their full potential. We will deliver an outstanding, inclusive, personalised curriculum through a multi-disciplinary approach in order to equip our students with the skills and experiences needed to embrace life-long learning.
Vision Statement for Learn@ MAT
All different; All equal; All achieving together
Guiding Principles for Learn@ MAT
Pillars of Learning for Learn@MAT
Advocacy: A powerful voice to represent all LEARNers
Achievement: Expertise across the spectrum of SEND
Opportunity: Increased opportunities for personal development for LEARNers, staff and partners
As an Academy we:
- Ensure that all young people have access to good or outstanding teaching
- Provide a differentiated curriculum in order to meet the needs of the learners at Notton House
- Check on the progress of the young people and identify, plan for and deliver any additional support the young people may need
- Provide personalised learning, which may include using additional providers, personalised timetables and use of specialist advice
- Work closely with multi-agencies in order to be able to support the young people
At Notton House we aim to form trusting and caring relationships to create positive and meaningful attachments that are child-centred; we wish to improve life chances through a holistic approach, valuing the whole child; we will continue to develop our trauma informed practice so that it is embedded in a nurturing environment to enable the development of the individual, socially, emotionally and academically.
We wish for all of our students to be healthy – mentally and physically.
We strive to offer quality provision that enables young people with social, emotional and mental health needs to excel and achieve their potential, providing them with the very best life opportunities. We are aspirational for or students, families and staff and provide excellence in teaching, learning and academic ambition alongside excellence in intervention, pastoral support, guidance and care.
NHA Core Values
Our pupils and staff decided on our new core values in 2019. Everything we do as staff and pupils are focused on these.
We aim that all students will;
• Have the opportunity to achieve qualifications that reflect their potential
• Learn to take responsibility for their own learning and be successful in further education, training or employment
• Be able to take their place within society as responsible citizens, to respect themselves, others and their environment
Notton House Academy is part of a specialist Multi Academy Trust that launched in September 2017. We continue to work Bristol, Wiltshire, Gloucester, South Gloucester and Somerset Local Authorities as well as and the other schools within Learn@MAT to secure a longer-term, sustainable future for specialist provision that meets the needs of children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health in the South West of England.