Middle school (KS3)
We place great emphasis on Literacy, Numeracy and developing independence. However, all subjects help our pupils develop their skills and knowledge, preparing our young people for adulthood.
Our curriculum includes;
- Physical Education
- Food Technology
- Humanities: Geography, History and Religious Education
- Outdoor Education, Animal Care and Horticulture
- Personal, Social, Health Education (PSHE), Citizenship and British Values
- Social, Moral and Spiritual Education (SMSC)
- Speech and Language/ Communication
We also enhance the curriculum, wherever possible, with themed days where specialists come into school to share their expertise, experiences and culture with our young people. We learn about other cultures through a SMSC Global Project. In the past, these have included Indian dance, art, poetry and drumming, all centred on a termly SMSC focus/ continent of choice.
Students in Middle School are prepared for the transition to Upper School through various activities and events. We support students with independent careers advice and guidance from Year 7 progressing to one to one appointments in Year 9 and beyond. Students are able to visit their local colleges, providers and employers to support them making their option choices in Year 9.